THE SOAPWORKS IS THE MOST EXCITING DEVELOPMENT AND REGENERATION OPPORTUNITY WITHIN CENTRAL BRISTOL.
ON BEHALF OF GARDINER (HOLDINGS) LIMITED WE ARE INSTRUCTED TO SELL THE FREEHOLD INTEREST OF THE FORMER SOAPWORKS WHICH COMPRISES APPROXIMATELY 2.25 ACRES (0.91 HA) OF LAND INCORPORATING 165,000 SQ FT OF FORMER FACTORY BUILDINGS
- The Soapworks is the most exciting city centre development site to come to the market in Bristol and the wider South West market for many years, comprising 2.25 acres (0.91 Ha) with 165,000 sq ft of existing buildings.
- The Soapworks site has been home to Gardiner Haskins, an independent homeware retailer, since the 1950s.
- The Site presents an opportunity to renew and revitalise a core area of the City Centre, through delivery of a combination of new buildings plus considerate renovation of the historic Grade II Listed Soapworks building (subject to planning) and other fabric.
- The Site is to be made available Freehold with Vacant Possession. The legal title is held by Gardiner (Holdings) Limited.
- The centrepiece of the Site is the Grade II Listed ‘Gardiner’s Warehouse’, Former Soapworks building, which creates an opportunity to deliver an iconic, mixed use scheme around one of Bristol’s most famous landmark buildings.
- The Site sits between the business heart of the city at Temple Quay and the culturally diverse area of Old Market. The site is also 3 minutes’ Walk from Bristol Temple Meads train station.
- Opportunity to develop tall buildings on parts of the Site, which responds sensitively to the listed Soapworks building.
- Nash Partnership have prepared a scheme layout option to provide an indication of potential site capacity based on a residential-led development to the Site.
- The Bristol economy is rapidly expanding with the highest rate of rental and house price growth in the UK.
- Our client owns a household retail business which is currently restructuring in response to the ever changing retail demands – with a focus on kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms. This process involves rationalising their existing estate, with the main operation relocating to buildings on an adjacent site. Vacant possession will be available from December 2018.
- Unconditional and Conditional Offers invited.
Deadline for proposals 23rd November 2018.